BRIEF HISTORY OF SECURITY ASSOCIATION OF INDIA
It was founded by three Promoters, Viz Mr. Vishnoo Gopal Kanetkar, IPS (Retd), Ex-D.G., Maharashtra, Mr. Sheshrao Krishna Kulkarni and Mr. Harprakash Singh Bawa on 15th February, 1977 under the Societies Act, 1860 in Maharashtra State bearing (Regn. No. BOM 90/1977-G.B.B.S.D.). The first Chairman on board was Mr. V.G Kanetkar, IPS (Retd), Ex-D.G.P. of Maharashtra in 2004 followed by Chairman Commodore (Retd.) Omprakash to chair the board. The first President was Mr. S H Bawa, followed by Commodore Omprakash, INS (Retd.) and the next President from 2004 – 2005 was Mr. S G Sahasrabojane, IPS (Retd.). Subsequently now from 2005 – 2006, onwards Mr. Gurcharan Singh Chauhan is the President in the chair.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES :
The principal aims and objectives of the Association are:
- To promote the sciences of investigation and security.
- To diffuse and promote knowledge and education in the sphere of investigation and security.
- To encourage high standards of service and equipment required by the security industry and to encourage research and development of mechanical, electronic and other equipment.
- To maintain the highest traditions of truth, sincerity and integrity and to give to the clients efficient and honest service in the spheres of investigation and security.
- To create and promote bonds of goodwill, friendship and cooperation among all those who practice the profession of investigation and security.